At the Unidad de la Mujer we believe in providing comprehensive holistic health care services for women who come to see us. This includes paying attention to their psychological needs, which is precisely what our psychologist Elena Iracheta Ruiz does.
Psychological care provided include:
- Anxiety disorders (occasional anxiety attacks, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), post-traumatic stress, anguish attacks, social phobia, agoraphobia, etc…)
- Mood disorders (various types of depression and depression symptoms)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Psychological support to pregnancy (help with possible problems that may arise, preparation for childbirth, etc…)
- Physiologic disorders associated to fertility treatments (supporting both parents throughout the whole process)
- Psycho-oncology: counseling to help cope with cancer, psychological support throughout the whole process, lifestyle advice, etc…
- Marital problems (crisis, empty nest syndrome, counseling in separation and divorce processes, etc…)
- Menstrual disorders (premenstrual syndrome, dysmenorrhea or menstrual pain, menopause, etc…)
- Help at different difficult stages of a woman’s life: retirement, menopause, children leaving home, husband’s retirement, the arrival of grandchildren, death of loved ones, etc…).
- All our patients who so wish may book an appointment at our Psychology practice. They will receive professional help and advice (confidentiality is of course guaranteed).