PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY
The integrity of the pelvic floor is key to the support of the pelvic viscera, the mechanisms of continence and sexuality.
Our Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Unit responds to all problems arising from the weakening of the pelvic floor:
- Urinary or faecal incontinence, involuntary gas leaks
- Prolapses (slipping out of place of pelvic organs: bladder, uterus and rectum)
- Chronic pelvic pain, perineal pain
- Sexual dysfunction, discomfort in sexual intercourse…
Free evaluation of pelvic floor and abdominal wall for all patients of the Unidad de la Mujer subject to appointment reservation.
Common pathologies in men after prostate cancer surgery and in women during menopause or after pregnancy and childbirth.
PHISIOTHERAPY DURING PREGNANCY
- Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles to prevent urine leakage and other problems
- Perineal massage accompanied by Epi-no to give elasticity to the perineum and reduce perineal trauma during childbirth (spontaneous lacerations or the need for episiotomy. Especially recommended in nulliparous or multiparous women with previous episiotomy
- Manual lymphatic drainage and pressure therapy for swelled legs and circulatory problems (varicose veins)
- Therapeutic massages, acupuncture or kinesio taping for back pain and other musculoskeletal problems
PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR CHILDREN
- Rubio Method: Manual therapy that ensures the remission of infant colic safely and effectively.
- Respiratory physiotherapy. Set of techniques that help eliminate mucus in colds and bronchiolitis